The Buck Nighthawk is a durable, fixed-blade knife designed for heavy-duty use. With thick, stout blade and non-reflective finish, it was made for tactical use under demanding conditions. The Nighthawk was also designed for a sure grip in varying elements, including water. The ergonomic handle is made of reinforced, molded nylon with rubberized grip and strategically placed grip nodules. The thumb rest is perfectly placed to hold the thumb in a power position. The combination of handle features makes this a knife that provides a secure grip and non-tiring feel in long duration activities. The black handle works with the black-out blade to blend into the environment without attracting unwanted attention. Survival is the only option, and this knife ensure just that.
The steel behind the blades
Buck is a market leader in edge retention thanks to their steel selections and heat treat process pioneered by Paul Bos, whose heat treating system has proven to the best in the business. Each blade is put through a rigorous heat treat process and quality performance test then is tempered to the appropriate Rockwell Hardness through a heating, freezing and reheating system. This process, along with attention to detail through grinding and hand edging, is the foundation of Buck’s Edge2X technology. This gives you longer edge life, ease of resharpening and a blade that will not fail you.
420HC is Buck’s standard steel with great edge retention and corrosion resistance. This industry standard is easily resharpened. For best performance, Buck hardens to a standard Rc 58-60.
Dependability is at the heart of everything that is Buck. Their loyalists expect no-nonsense practicality, and their Avid Level knives define this characteristic. Designed for functionality and crafted from high-quality materials, these knives deliver consistent reliability under rigorous use. Designed and handcrafted in the USA.
- 420HC stainless steel blade
- Corrosion resistant, non-reflective Cerakote finish
- Reinforced, molded nylon handle for extreme use
- Rubberized handle surface for sure grip
- Deep finger groove guard and thumb ramp for ultimate control and safety
- Heavy-duty, black polypropylene sheath, MOLLE compatible
- Advanced Edge2x blade technology
- Product Level: Avid Level
- Blade Length: 6.5″ (16.5 cm)
- Overall Length: 11.25″ (28.6 cm)
- Blade Style: Clip Point
- Blade Steel: 420HC Stainless Steel
- Blade Finish: Black Cerakote
- Steel Hardness: 58-60 HRC
- Blade Thickness: 0.235″
- Handle Material: Black Rubberized Nylon
- Sheath Material: Polypropylene
- Weight: 10.0 oz. without sheath, 15.4 oz. with sheath
- Made in USA