This hammock is a great addition to any base camp, but it’s also the perfect companion when attending festivals, at the cabin, or anywhere you travel around the world. The whole hammock fits inside the attached stuff sack which also doubles as a pocket for small items. Features a flat pocket on the side of the hammock for storing large items like a book, tablet, or water bottle. Includes straps and carabiners for secure hanging from a structure or tree. Choose from vibrant colors like blue, green, or the printed fashion camo.
- Provides UV Protection
- Includes 2 integrated stuff sacks, for extra storage while hammock is in use
- Triple stitched seams for durability
- Made of 70D Nylon
- Holds up to 330 lbs (150 kg)
- Includes 2 tree Straps
- Includes 2 carabiners that each hold up to 1102 lbs (500 kg) and are designed to reduce cuts and snags
- Weight with Accessories: 24.7 oz (700 g)
- Folded Dimensions: 4.3” wide x 11.9” long (11 cm x 30 cm)
- Unfolded Dimensions: 5’ wide x 10.5’ long (1.5 m x 3.5 m)
BASIC HAMMOCK SETUP
How to Set Up a Coghlan’s Hammock (Video)
Before every use inspect the hammock, and straps for defects that may compromise a user’s safety.
- First find two trees the hammock can comfortably fit between. The trees should be between 10′ and 14′ apart.
- Unpack your hammock and provided rope from the handy stuff bag.
- Measure a loop in the cord that’s about 20% longer than the circumference of the tree you’re using.
- Then, tie a knot to create the loop.
- Wrap the new loop around the tree at head level.
- Pull the knot through that loop creating a cinch.
- Open the part of the loop between the knot and the tree and attach your hammock carabiner.
- Repeat this process with the other tree.
- Once in the hammock you should have about 18″ between the ground and the center of the hammock.
Check that your ropes are properly secured and both carabiners are closed..