The Fox, our trekking backpack for kids and teenagers, was revised to provide the technical design and great functionality of our “big” backpacks fully adapted to the needs of kids. Thanks to the VariQuick back length adjustment system, the Fox also grows with the child so they can enjoy with their adventure backpack for a longer time.
Highlights of Fox 40
- Contact System: The ergonomically designed back pads in the contact system surround the back and distribute the load evenly. The heaviest point, which lies close to the back, also makes carrying easier. The ventilation channels between the pads and the breathable 3D AirMesh ensure pleasant ventilation.
- VariQuick System: In addition to the right backpack, the right adjustement plays a decisive role for perfect wearing comfort. This means that models with back length adjustment should be adjusted precisely. Especially with loads of more than ten kilograms and long walking times, individual adjustment is crucial for wearing comfort. This is why we equip our models with VariQuick or VariSlide systems from a volume of 35 liters upwards.
- Bottom compartment: Separate bottom compartment with removable intermediate base
- Padded hip belt: Extra padding in the hip belt provides additional carrying comfort.
- Adjustable sternum belt: A smoothly adjustable sternum belt ensures the backpack is fixed firmly to the shoulders.
- Inner compartment for valuables: Special compartment in the inside of the backpack to keep your valuables safe
- Elasticated inner compartment: Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- SOS label: Provides the necessary instructions of what to do in an emergency.
- Compatible with 3.0 litre drinking system/bag: Compatible with all Deuter drinking systems up to a volume of 3 litres (except with the Streamer 1,5L due to its special shape)
- Walking pole holder: Loops to fasten walking poles
- Lid compartment: The integrated zip pocket in the lid guarantees easy access to your most important articles.
- Load adjustment straps: For the individual adjustment of the load distribution on the shoulders
- Pull-forward hip fins: enable simple and precise adjustment
- Outer pockets (2): Two side outer pockets; elasticated and/or with zip
- Contact system: Contact system
Woven from 600 denier polyester yarn and with a thick PU coating, this tear resistant and light fabric is highly versatile. Whenever it’s about keeping the weight of the backpack as low as possible with moderate stress, then this is the ideal solution. The “Deuter Super Polytex BS” version is produced in compliance with the stringent bluesign[R] standard. Its features and stress factors are identical.
210D PA Ripstop
The tightly woven 210 denier polyamide fabric is the ideal combination of high strength and low weight. The technical shiny surface with robust Ripstop threads lends the fabric its striking appearance. The extremely light and yet highly stable fabric is perfect for robust lightweight constructions. High-quality PU coating.
* D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
* PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
* PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.