Our Aircontact trekking backpack has won the title of “indestructible”. Therefore, we have opted for gentle changes: It is extremely robust, but now it is even neater, more modern and streamlined when trekking. And even more comfortable: Thanks to the new, flexible, suspended Active Fit shoulder straps and the re-designed hip fins, the backpack moulds itself comfortably around the wearer – for noticeably more comfort. For women, the new system is equipped with the tried and tested features of the SL fit. In addition, there is now the new 70+10 SL model.
Your optimal companion for:
- Aircontact System
- Active Comfort Fit
- VariQuick System
- Round Profile Frame
- Height adjustable lid
- Bottom compartment
- Front zip access
- Padded hip belt
- VariFlex System
- Adjustable sternum belt
- Rain Cover
- Elasticated inner compartment
- SOS label
- Compatible with 3.0 litre drinking system/bag
- Walking pole holder
- Removal backpack lid
- Lid compartment
- Load adjustment straps
- Pull-forward hip fins
- Outer pockets (2)
- SL Women’s Fit
Top features of the Aircontact 40 + 10 SL:
- Front zip access: Zip access at the front of the backpack with which the clothing or equipment in the lower part of the backpack can be easily accessed.
- Removable backpack lid: Removal backpack lid with zipped compartment and two valuables compartments, which can be converted into a daypack in the blink of an eye thanks to the fixing rings and additional straps
- SL Women’s fit: This model is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women: on average, women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying system is specially adapted to the female anatomy. More information about our fits.
100D PA High Tenacity
This is the lightweight version of our polyamide 330D/250D textile. Thanks to the thinner yarn it has been possible to reduce the weight enormously. The tight web structure makes the fabric highly resistant and tearproof.
* D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
* PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
* PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
I AM A MAN, CAN I WEAR AN SL BACKPACKS?
Yes! The fit of the SL backpacks is based on an average woman of athletic build. However, since not all women are “average”, our standard models are suitable for some women. Conversely, all of the SL models are also suitable for men:
- for a slim build, aside from the unisex fit
- for long legs, because they have a short back
- for men’s clothing size 44–48 (S/M)