This spacious hiking backpack is ideal for expeditions or longer tours. The new ergonomic Aircomfort Sensic Pro mesh back system ensures maximum back ventilation and a pleasantly flexible fit. In addition, the flexible Variflex ECL hip fins facilitate the energy-saving and comfortable transport of medium loads. The ergonomic cushioning inserts hold these firmly to ensure the perfect, custom-fit load distribution over the hips.
Highlights of Futura Pro 40
- Active Comfort Fit: For an optimum fit, the backpack should sit on the back as much as possible. This ensures that the carrying weight is evenly distributed over the back. The Active-Comfort-Fit back system supports the carrying comfort with a stable and padded construction.
- Aircomfort System: The maximum ventilation through the Aircomfort mesh back system reduces the loss of fluid by up to 25% and therefore ensures there is less stress on the cardiovascular system but more performance – scientifically proven by the renowned Hohenstein Institute.
- Round Profile Frame: The circular profile frame made of permanently elastic spring steel stands out thanks to its uncomplicated, light and flexible construction. It is practically indestructible and gives the mesh its fixed tension whilst transferring the load to the hip belt. The pleasantly flexible carrying behaviour ensures freedom of movement and a perfect fit.
- Bottom compartment: Separate bottom compartment with removable intermediate base
- Outer pockets (3): Three side outer pockets; elasticated and/or with zip
- Padded hip belt: Extra padding in the hip belt provides additional carrying comfort.
- VariFlex System: The flexible VariFlex hip belt facilitates the efficient transport of medium loads, since it effortlessly follows every movement of the carrier. The ergonomic fins made of bilaminate foam with PE reinforcement transfer the load to the hips.
- Adjustable sternum belt: A smoothly adjustable sternum belt ensures the backpack is fixed firmly to the shoulders.
- Rain Cover: Removable rain cover with storage compartment
- Inner compartment for valuables: Special compartment in the inside of the backpack to keep your valuables safe
- Elasticated inner compartment: Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- SOS label: mProvides the necessary instructions of what to do in an emergency.
- Compatible with 3.0 litre drinking system/bag: Compatible with all Deuter drinking systems up to a volume of 3 litres (except with the Streamer 1,5L due to its special shape)
- Walking pole holder: Loops to fasten walking poles
- Ice Axe Attachment: Attachment for pick/ice axe
- Lid compartment:The integrated zip pocket in the lid guarantees easy access to your most important articles.
- Load adjustment straps: For the individual adjustment of the load distribution on the shoulders
- Pull-forward hip fins: enable simple and precise adjustment
- Compression straps: Compression straps for compressing the backpack when not completely full or to fix other objects to the outside.
- High-performance materials with PFC-free dirt- and water-repellent impregination: To ensure the water and dirt repellent properties, we use a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) coating that is safe for health and environmentally friendly and completely PFC-free. This special surface treatment causes water to roll off the outside of the textiles. This keeps the material dry and nature clean.
- Mesh back system: Mesh back system
Woven from 600 denier polyester yarn and with a thick PU coating, this tear resistant and light fabric is highly versatile. Whenever it’s about keeping the weight of the backpack as low as possible with moderate stress, then this is the ideal solution. The “Deuter Super Polytex BS” version is produced in compliance with the stringent bluesign[R] standard. Its features and stress factors are identical.
We use this robust polyamide fabric in the 420 and 210 denier strengths. This fabric is extremely abrasion resistant thanks to the extraordinarily high density of the weave. This high quality material is used for guide backpacks, the Futura series and for the models in the Travel series. It has a fine texture and a technical appearance. PU coated.
* D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
* PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
* PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.