Highlights of Speed Lite 22 SL
- Lite System: Our light backpacks for endurance sports and alpine day tours are reduced to the bare minimum. They are ideal for carrying light to medium loads (depending on volume). Lightness doesn’t mean having to compromise on robustness!
- Lightweight: when every gram counts…
- Delrin® U-frames: Delrin® U-frames guarantee good load transfer with the minimum of extra weight.
- Outer pockets (3): Three side outer pockets; elasticated and/or with zip
- Padded hip belt: Extra padding in the hip belt provides additional carrying comfort.
- Adjustable sternum belt: A smoothly adjustable sternum belt ensures the backpack is fixed firmly to the shoulders.
- Elasticated inner compartment: Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- SOS label: Provides the necessary instructions of what to do in an emergency.
- Compatible with 3.0 litre drinking system/bag: Compatible with all Deuter drinking systems up to a volume of 3 litres (except with the Streamer 1,5L due to its special shape)
- Ice Axe Attachment: Attachment for pick/ice axe
- coupleable compression straps: Compression straps can be joined together on the front of the backpack in order to attach other objects
- Rear light loop: A rear light can be attached to the small loop for increased safety.
- Load adjustment straps: For the individual adjustment of the load distribution on the shoulders
- Pull-forward hip fins: enable simple and precise adjustment
- Sunglasses holder: Holder for sunglasses on the shoulder strap
- SL Women’s Fit: This model is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women: on average, women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying system is specially adapted to the female anatomy. More information about our fits.
- Valuables compartment: Zipper valuables pocket on top
- Contact system: Contact system
SL WOMEN’S FIT
This model is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women: on average, women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying system is specially adapted to the female anatomy. More information about our fits.
Tested hiking quality
Very light day hiking backpacks with a well ventilated contact back. Access to the main compartment via 73 or 80 cm long 2-way zips. Large external zipped compartment. Central outer compartment, zipped mesh pockets on hip fins. Total length hip belt & fins: 122-124 cm. Padded hip & shoulder straps: good. Wearing comfort: excellent. No rain cover. PFC-free. Fair Wear Leader status.
100D PA High Tenacity
This is the lightweight version of our polyamide 330D/250D textile. Thanks to the thinner yarn it has been possible to reduce the weight enormously. The tight web structure makes the fabric highly resistant and tearproof.
100D PA High Tenacity
* D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
* PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
* PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.