The clean, light backpack is multi-talented – among other things, it is the perfect companion on fixed-rope routes or sporty hikes. Thanks to the Aircontact back system, the ultimate in carrying comfort is guaranteed, and innovative details, such as the carabiner clasp on the shoulder straps, make the Trail into a fixed-rope-route backpack with expertise.
Highlights of Trail 22
- Aircontact System: 15% less sweat than with a standard body-contact backpack – proven in a filed test by Gabriel L.&T. in collaboration witht eh University of Erlangen – with simultaneously perfect load transfer and optimally balanced, secure fit.
- Active Comfort Fit: For an optimum fit, the backpack should sit on the back as much as possible. This ensures that the carrying weight is evenly distributed over the back. The Active-Comfort-Fit system supports the carrying comfort with a stable and padded construction.
- Delrin U-frames: Delrin U-frames guarantee good load transfer with the minimum of extra weight.
- Outer pockets (3): Three side outer pockets; elasticated and/or with zip
- Front zip access: Zip access at the front of the backpack with which the clothing or equipment in the lower part of the backpack can be easily accessed.
- Stowable hip belt: The hip belt can be easily stowed in the designated pockets on the side of the backpack
- Adjustable sternum belt: A smoothly adjustable sternum belt ensures the backpack is fixed firmly to the shoulders.
- Rain hood: Removable rain hood with storage compartment
- Inner compartment for valuables: Special compartment in the inside of the backpack to keep your valuables safe
- Elasticated inner compartment: Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- SOS label: Provides the necessary instructions of what to do in an emergency
- Compatible with 3.0 litre drinking system/bag: Compatible with all Deuter drinking systems up 3 litres.
- Walking pole holder: Loops to fasten walking poles
- Ice Axe Attachment: Attachment for pick/ice axe
- Fixing loops for the helmet holder: The Deuter helmet holder (available as an optional extra) can be hung onto the loops and ensures that the helmet is secured stowed.
- Lid compartment: The integrated zip pocket in the lid guarantees easy access to your most important articles
- Mesh hip fins: Light mesh hip fins guarantee comfort when carrying, load distribution and ventilation of the hips
- Adjustable straps: For the individual adjustable of the load distribution on the shoulders
- Pull-forward hip fins: enable simple and premise adjustment
- Contact system
High-performance materials with PFC-free dirt- and water-repellent impregination:
To ensure the water and dirt repellent properties, we use a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) coating that is safe for health and environmentally friendly and completely PFC-free. This special surface treatment causes water to roll off the outside of the textiles. This keeps the material dry and nature clean.
Bergsteiger “Product of the Month”
Trail 22 is chosen as the “Product of the Month”
“Bergsteiger” magazine selects various products for its strength test every month. The 6/19 edition included the Trail 22, which was immediately chosen as “Product of the Month”.
“Verdict: Once the different buckles, straps and lengths have been adjusted, the backpack fits like a glove. The 22-litre volume is ideal for a day trip, and in winter, it is big enough to hold LVS equipment as well. Its weight of about one kilo is surprisingly low, despite the numerous buckles and extras. The stowable and breathable hip fins and the Delrin U-frame combine low weight with perfect distribution. In the lid compartment, even delicate objects such as sunglasses can be safely transported. The backpack offers perfect freedom of movement, although I would have preferred to see fewer frills in terms of loops and clips.”
Woven from 600 denier polyester yarn and with a thick PU coating, this tear resistant and light fabric is highly versatile. Whenever it’s about keeping the weight of the backpack as low as possible with moderate stress, then this is the ideal solution. The “Deuter Super Polytex BS” version is produced in compliance with the stringent bluesign[R] standard. Its features and stress factors are identical.
This fabric has a very tight weave and despite the lower strength of 210D it is still very robust. It is tear and abrasion resistant, watertight to 1500 mm yet still lightweight.
* D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
* PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
* PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.