The professional among the hiking backpacks can carry everything needed for a multi-day tour. Thanks to the innovative carrying system with small and high-positioned, extremely body-hugging hip fins, the weight of the load is optimally transferred to the spring steel frame. Even on challenging territory, alpine athletes have maximum control of the backpack and are always safe on go. Thanks to smart details such as carabiner clasps on the shoulder straps, the Trail Pro becomes a via ferrata backpack with expertise.
Highlights of Trail 22
- Aircontact System: 15% less sweat than with a standard body-contact backpack – proven in a filed test by Gabriel L.&T. in collaboration witht eh University of Erlangen – with simultaneously perfect load transfer and optimally balanced, secure fit.
- Active Comfort Fit: For an optimum fit, the backpack should sit on the back as much as possible. This ensures that the carrying weight is evenly distributed over the back. The Active-Comfort-Fit system supports the carrying comfort with a stable and padded construction.
- Circular profile frames: The circular profile frame made of permanently elastic spring steel stands out thanks to its uncomplicated, light and flexible construction. It is practically indestructible and gives the mesh its fixed tension whilst transferring the load
- Outer pockets (3): Three side outer pockets; elasticated and/or with zip
- Front zip access: Zip access at the front of the backpack with which the clothing or equipment in the lower part of the backpack can be easily accessed.
- Padded hip belt: Extra padding in the hip belt provides additional carrying comfort
- Adjustable sternum belt: A smoothly adjustable sternum belt ensures the backpack is fixed firmly to the shoulders.
- Rain hood: Removable rain hood with storage compartment
- Inner compartment for valuables: Special compartment in the inside of the backpack to keep your valuables safe
- Elasticated inner compartment: Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- SOS label: Provides the necessary instructions of what to do in an emergency
- Compatible with 3.0 litre drinking system/bag: Compatible with all Deuter drinking systems up 3 litres.
- Walking pole holder: Loops to fasten walking poles
- Ice Axe Attachment: Attachment for pick/ice axe
- Lid compartment: The integrated zip pocket in the lid guarantees easy access to your most important articles
- Adjustable straps: For the individual adjustable of the load distribution on the shoulders
- Pull-forward hip fins: enable simple and premise adjustment
- SL Women’s Fit: This mode; is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women on average women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying sytem is specially adapted to the female anatomy.
High-performance materials with PFC-free dirt- and water-repellent impregination:
To ensure the water and dirt repellent properties, we use a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) coating that is safe for health and environmentally friendly and completely PFC-free. This special surface treatment causes water to roll off the outside of the textiles. This keeps the material dry and nature clean.
Woven from 600 denier polyester yarn and with a thick PU coating, this tear resistant and light fabric is highly versatile. Whenever it’s about keeping the weight of the backpack as low as possible with moderate stress, then this is the ideal solution. The “Deuter Super Polytex BS” version is produced in compliance with the stringent bluesign[R] standard. Its features and stress factors are identical.
This fabric has a very tight weave and despite the lower strength of 210D it is still very robust. It is tear and abrasion resistant, watertight to 1500 mm yet still lightweight.
* D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
* PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
* PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.