deuter celebrates its 125th anniversary in 2023 and thus launches an Anniversary Edition – in classic black and with a very special graphic. It is a tribute to the history of mountaineering and deuter’s claim to continue shaping mountain sports with innovations. The Race Air, an extremely light and stable bike backpack with an excellent weight/comfort ratio. The bike-specific Aircomfort back system with a centrally divided mesh back reduces the contact surface and provides more space for the spine, which curves in the riding position. Mesh hip fins, perforated shoulder straps and back padding ensure maximum ventilation and a compact fit. The climate-neutral and PFC-free backpack for sporty mountain bikers is made from bluesign® certified core material, 100% recycled fabrics and 100% environmentally friendly and resource-saving components.
Your optimal companion for:
Top features of the Race Air 14+13
EXCELLENT WEIGHT-TO-COMFORT RATIO FOR MORE ENERGY
We’ve taken a well-balanced selection of materials, optimized the tailoring, reduced materials use to a minimum, and pared the features down to the essentials. The result is an especially lightweight yet durable biking backpack that delivers a great weight-to-comfort ratio.
With bluesign®-certified body fabric made of 100% recycled materials and resource-saving components from 100% environmentally friendly production, the pack meets the highest standards. It’s also climate neutral and PFC-free and is a clear statement of our commitment to sustainability.
SUPERIOR VENTILATION FOR A DRY BACK
The proven Aircomfort back system was designed specifically for biking. A mesh back panel that’s split down the middle means that even less of the pack is in direct contact with the back. It also makes more room for a rounded spine in riding position. The airy mesh hip fins, perforated shoulder straps and back padding ensure maximum air flow, even on sweaty tours.
- Mesh hip fins
- Mesh shoulder straps
- Adjustable sternum belt
- tool organizer
- Front pocket with large organizational section and zippered mesh pocket for hose, tools and pump holder.
- Compatible with 3.0 liter drinking system/bag
- Stretch side pockets
- integrated helmet net
- Reflective details
- Inside compartment to keep your valuables safe
- Key clip
- Rain Cover
- Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- Cell phone pocket on the side
- Goggle holder on shoulder strap
- Expandable volumes
- PFAS free
- 100% recycled PET material
100D REC PA HT BRIGHT
Lightweight and robust polyamide fabric. A high thread density ensures special strength. The ripstop structure is designed as a honeycomb structure and gives the fabric a special look.
* D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
* PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
* PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.