You have a longer trekking tour ahead of you and are looking for a roomy backpack for all your stuff? Preferably one that guarantees plenty of freedom of movement and comfort and is also as light as possible? Then the Aircontact Pro is the right choice!
With the same equipment, it is now over 400 grams lighter thanks to reduced material consumption and offers plenty of space for your luggage: The new Aircontact Pro is designed for a total weight of up to 30 kilos.
Since 70% of the weight is on the hip fins, the backpack is particularly comfortable to carry. In addition, the open-pored functional foam ensures a pleasant exchange of air with every movement. The result: 15% less sweating than with a conventional carrying system.
But that’ not all: Thanks to the new bottle holder, on the side between the hip fin and the packsack, you can easily reach your drinks and snacks at any time. The snap fastener fixes the contents so that everything stays in the bag, even when bent.
SL WOMEN’S FIT
This model is also available in the SL version. The SL back length is specific for women: on average, women have shorter backs than men. The carrying system in the SL model is therefore somewhat shorter than in the Deuter standard backpacks. In addition, the carrying system is specially adapted to the female anatomy. More information about our fits.
High-performance materials with PFC-free dirt- and water-repellent impregination:
To ensure the water and dirt repellent properties, we use a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) coating that is safe for health and environmentally friendly and completely PFC-free. This special surface treatment causes water to roll off the outside of the textiles. This keeps the material dry and nature clean.
330D PA 6.6 Ripstop
Deuter Microrip is a 330 denier polyamide blended fabric offering fantastic tear resistance. The use of Nylon 6.6 makes the material very durable and robust. Thanks to the PU coating, it is also waterproof (WC 2.000 mm) and is, therefore, the perfect material for big packs such as the new Aircontact range.
Woven from 600 denier polyester yarn and with a thick PU coating, this tear resistant and light fabric is highly versatile. Whenever it’s about keeping the weight of the backpack as low as possible with moderate stress, then this is the ideal solution. The “Deuter Super Polytex BS” version is produced in compliance with the stringent bluesign[R] standard. Its features and stress factors are identical.
* D stands for denier. This describes the yarn weight. 600D corresponds to 600 grams per 9000 meters.
* PES stands for polyester. PES fibres are very tear and abrasion resistant and hardly absorb moisture.
* PA stands for polyamide. PA fibres are extremely durable and abrasion-resistant. They are also characterized by high elasticity and low weight.
Highlights of Aircontact Pro 55+15 SL
- Aircontact System: 15% less sweat than with a standard body-contact backpack – proven in a field test by Gabriel L.&T. in collaboration with the University of Erlangen – with simultaneously perfect load transfer and optimally balanced, secure fit.
- V-frame: Maximum load transfer to the hip fins thanks to the flexible V-frame
- Adjustable sternum belt: A smoothly adjustable sternum belt ensures the backpack is fixed firmly to the shoulders.
- Rain Cover: Removable rain cover with storage compartment
- Pull-forward hip fins: enable simple and precise adjustment
- Load adjustment straps: For the individual adjustment of the load distribution on the shoulders
- Inner compartment for valuables: Special compartment in the inside of the backpack to keep your valuables safe
- Padded hip belt: Extra padding in the hip belt provides additional carrying comfort.
- Front zip access: Zip access at the front of the backpack with which the clothing or equipment in the lower part of the backpack can be easily accessed.
- SOS label: Provides the necessary instructions of what to do in an emergency.
- VariFlex System: The flexible VariFlex hip belt facilitates the efficient transport of medium loads, since it effortlessly follows every movement of the carrier. The ergonomic fins made of bilaminate foam with PE reinforcement transfer the load to the hips.
- Outer pockets (3): Three side outer pockets; elasticated and/or with zip
- Height adjustable lid: Expandable storage space
- Active Comfort Fit: For an optimum fit, the backpack should sit on the back as much as possible. This ensures that the carrying weight is evenly distributed over the back. The Active-Comfort-Fit back system supports the carrying comfort with a stable and padded construction.
- Bottom compartment: Separate bottom compartment with removable intermediate base
- Compatible with 3.0 litre drinking system/bag: Compatible with all Deuter drinking systems up to a volume of 3 litres (except with the Streamer 1,5L due to its special shape)
- VariSlide System: In addition to the right backpack, the right adjustement plays a decisive role for perfect wearing comfort. This means that models with back length adjustment should be adjusted precisely. Especially with loads of more than ten kilograms and long walking times, individual adjustment is crucial for wearing comfort. This is why we equip our models with VariQuick or VariSlide systems from a volume of 35 liters upwards.
- Includes a day pack: The backpack includes a smaller day pack for short day tours.
- Elasticated inner compartment: Elasticated inner compartment for storing wet/sweaty clothing, water reservoir, etc.
- Walking pole holder: Loops to fasten walking poles
- Ice Axe Attachment: Attachment for pick/ice axe
- Contact System